Wagner Moura has gained a lot of respect from viewers and Hollywood insiders as an actor after shocking the world with his brilliant portrayal of Pablo Escobar in Narcos, for which he was nominated for a Golden Globe in 2016. It is estimated that Wagner Moura net worth is $10 million.
Wagner Moura’s first major English-language role came from the Netflix film “Sergio,” which was screened as part of the Premieres section of the Sundance Film Festival, where he also served on the International Jury. In addition to being a Brazilian actor, Wagner Moura is a director, filmmaker, musician, and journalist.
Who Is Wagner Moura?
Wagner Moura has earned international recognition for his appearances in Elite Squad and for being a well-known and respected actor in Brazil. Narcos, a Netflix original series, is Moura’s largest worldwide undertaking. Performance in the drama “A Máquina” in the year 2000 served as Moura’s acting debut.
For the first time in Wagner Moura’s life, this play took him to Rio de Janeiro and So Paulo, two major cities. During this time, he made friends with several other well-known Brazilian performers, like Vladimir Brichta and Lázaro Ramos.
To further hone Wagner Moura’s acting skills, he also had the chance to secure roles in several short films. In 2007, Wagner Moura won one of his most key roles in Brazilian cinema when he earned a leading role in “Tropa de Elite,” commonly known as “Elite Squad.”
This was another significant step forward after his appearance in “Woman on Top.” Wagner Moura became a household celebrity in Brazil due to this movie, thus changing him from a mediocre actor. After becoming one of Brazil’s most well-known film stars, He decided to focus on the global entertainment industry.
Wagner Moura was cast in a significant role in the 2013 film “Elysium,” which also starred Matt Damon, Jodie Foster, and Alice Braga, a fellow Brazilian actor. The journey of Wagner Moura has indeed been going strong ever since.
|Full Name||Wagner Maniçoba de Moura|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Filmmaker, Musician, Journalist|
|Source Of Income||Profession|
|Date of Birth||27 June 1976|
|Age||46 Years Old|
|Children||Bem Moura, José Moura, Salvador Moura|
Wagner Moura Net Worth
The Brazilian actor Wagner Moura net worth is $10 million. He is renowned for his music, film, television, and journalism work, in addition to his acting. Being a part of the hit films “Elite Squad” and “Elite Squad: The Enemy Within” has given him enormous fame in his native Brazil.
Through major parts in films like “Elysium,” Wagner Moura has also successfully entered the worldwide cinema industry. However, compared to Blomkamp’s previous picture, “District 9,” the film was a bit of a letdown. Nevertheless, despite having a $115 million budget, it made nearly $286 million at the box office.
More significantly, it aided Wagner Moura in breaking through to the Hollywood elite. Most people today recognize him for his portrayal of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar in the popular Netflix series “Narcos.” Wagner was singled out for praise and nominated for a Golden Globe for his performance.
Even though the production got favorable reviews. With “Marighella,” a 2017 movie about the life of Carlos Marighella, a writer and activist, murdered by Brazilian tyrants in 1969, Moura makes his directorial debut.
Wagner Moura Key Facts
- In Salvador, Bahia, Brazil, on June 27, 1976, Wagner Maniçoba de Moura was born.
- The Bahian village of Rodelas is where Wagner grew up.
- Wagner Moura’s mother was a stay-at-home mom, while his dad was a sergeant in the Brazilian Air Force.
- Wagner Moura moved to Salvador, Bahia, with his family when he was 13.
- Wagner Moura enrolled at the Federal University of Bahia after completing his secondary education.
- The mother tongue of 42-year-old Moura is Portuguese.
- In preparation for Wagner Moura’s portrayal of Pablo Escobar in the popular Netflix series, 40-year-old Brazilian actor Wagner Moura put on more than 40 pounds and styled his facial hair to match the notorious felon’s appearance.
- When Wagner Moura was selected to play Escobar, Wagner had no Spanish skills.
- Wagner Moura ultimately enrolled in Spanish studies at a university in Medellin, Colombia, to catch up.
- For the part, Wagner Moura not only learned Spanish and put on 40 pounds but also took a crash course in Escobar’s and Colombia’s contemporary history.
- In addition to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu and Muay Thai, Wagner Moura also practices transcendental meditation.
- Due to political tensions in his country of origin, Wagner Moura reportedly felt “hesitant” about going home after performing in Australia in 2019.
- Because it closely resembles the political instability brewing in Brazil then, Wagner Moura’s brand-new movie at the time, “Marighella,” was seen as a “threat” to the ruling party.
Wagner Moura Sources Of Income
Most of Wagner Moura’s income comes from his work as an accomplished actor. Additionally, well-paid was his employment as a director. According to sources, Wagner Moura may make up to $24,000 a month, and his yearly income is estimated to be around $150,000.
Even though Wagner Moura is probably one of the best performers in the world, he always sets new goals for himself. Due to his domination during the shooting, renowned Wagner is often associated with acting. This celebrity’s journey has been fascinating.
Making Wagner Moura a tremendous source of inspiration for millions of aspiring actors. Most people today recognize him for his portrayal of drug kingpin Pablo Escobar in the popular Netflix series Narcos. He is adored by everyone in the acting community.
Wagner Moura has developed into one of the most recognizable performers.
Wagner Moura Charity Involvement
According to the estimates, Wagner Moura net worth is $10 million. He is not only a successful actor but also has a strong sense of altruism. A charitable organization dubbed The Why is affiliated with Wagner Moura. THE WHY creates and donates documentaries to impoverished nations to fight uneven access to knowledge.
They then distribute these films on a sliding fee basis to other broadcasters all around the world. This organization firmly believes that everyone should have free access to information. This organization works with filmmakers, directors, and artists from around the globe to create enlightening documentaries.
These documentaries are specifically aimed at this population segment, which is illiterate. The documentaries are distributed to schools and other non-profit organizations. This is to support the educational process. According to reports, Wagner Moura has reportedly also participated in a campaign to raise health awareness.
In a video on YouTube, he speaks in-depth about the Health for All film festival.
Which works with the WHO to reach as many people as possible worldwide to fight the most difficult diseases. It is well known that the money raised by this film festival is used to fund the study of rare diseases, also as the distribution of free medications to underdeveloped nations.