Famous American competitive eater Matt Stonie, Matthew Kai Stonie, is now ranked third in the world by Major League Eating. In 2015, he competed against and defeated Joey Chestnut to win the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. Matt Stonie net worth is $7 million
The American competitive eater has a vast appetite but is consistently underweight. Stonie is also well-known for his videos on YouTube; stars like Waka Flocka Flame, Bam Margera, and Cheech & Chong have all expressed their admiration for him. The general public also likes his channel tremendously. The sheer number of people that tune in to see him eat is in the hundreds of thousands.
Matt Stonie Net worth
A competitive eater and YouTube star from the United States, Matt Stonie net worth is estimated to be $7 million. In 2015, he defeated Joey Chestnut, the eight-time defending champion, and won the Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. Stonie quickly climbed to the third spot in the Major League Eating rankings.
|Full Name||Matthew Kai Stonie|
|Profession||Competitive Eater and YouTuber|
|Sources of Income||Profession|
|Biggest Assets||Luxury Car|
|Residence||San Jose, California|
|Date of Birth||24 May 1992|
|Age||30 years old|
|Education||Graduate (Mission College)|
Matt Stonie Key Facts
- He never planned on competing in eating contests. In college, he competed in eating contests for free food and little cash awards. His interest in competitive eating as a career path did not emerge until he began winning prizes.
- He was the youngest competitor in the history of Major League Eating and was only 18 years old. However, in 2010, he won a lobster roll eating contest in New Hampshire, his first significant victory in a competitive eating event.
- In September 2013, at the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival, he set a world record by consuming 10.5 pounds of frozen yogurt at the Yogurt Land booth in under 6 minutes. In July 2014, he developed a new world record at The World Slugburger Eating Championship by consuming 43 Slugburgers in under 10 minutes.
- The term “Megatoad” comes from the fact that he eats so much and that Toad is a humanoid mushroom in the Super Mario video game series.
- In January of 2021, Matt consumed everything offered at MrBeast Burger in under 10 and 23 seconds. Matt ordered six cookies, one bottle of water, one can of Pepsi, one order of seasoned fries, one charge of Beast Style Fries, one Chandler Style Burger, one Chris Style Burger, one Chicken Sandwich, one Spicy Chicken Sandwich, one Karl’s Grilled Cheese, one order of seasoned fries, one charge of Beast Style Fries, and one order of burgers. In addition, he had requested an additional patty on each burger.
Matt Stonie Social Media Involvement
On May 28, 2016, in Chico, California, he competed in the World Silver Dollar Pancake Eating Championship and ate 113 pancakes in around eight minutes. On April 8, 2017, Stonie competed in The World Peeps Eating Championship in National Harbor, Maryland, and consumed 255 Peeps in five minutes.
The same year, he competed and won an international bleskiver eating competition. Stonie also has a hugely successful YouTube channel that caters to foodies. As of October 2017, he had over 3.4 million subscribers to his YouTube channel and 640 million video views.
Only a select handful know that one of his videos—the one in which Stonie consumes 25 Big Macs in 22 minutes—holds an unofficial world record. There’s no doubt he has a massive following on YouTube.
Matt Stonie Career
At the 2011 Stockton Deep Fried Asparagus Championship in Stockton, California, Stonie made his professional eating debut. At the young age of 18, he joined Major League Eating and became its youngest ever member. In 2010, he won his first competition by consuming the most lobster rolls at Hampton Beach, New Hampshire.
By consuming 62 hot dogs to Joey Chestnut’s 60, Stonie became the new champion of Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest. Stonie has dropped from second to fifth place in MLE. Stonie’s most watched videos have been featured on celebrities’ websites, including Bam Margera, Waka Flocka Flame, and Cheech & Chong. With more than 15.3 million fans and 3.11 billion video views, Stonie is undoubtedly successful.
One of the most well-known competitive eaters in the United States, Kai Stonie is now ranked third in the world by Major League Eating. First place at the Stockton Deep Fried Asparagus Championship was his first taste of competitive eating. In 2015, he bested Joey Chestnut and other competitors to win Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest.
The following year, though, Stonie was unable to defend its title. The American competitive eater has a vast appetite but somehow manages to keep his weight down. Stone is also a YouTuber; numerous celebrities, such as Waka Flocka Flame, Bam Margera, and Cheech & Chong, have seen his videos. Also, his channel enjoys massive public acclaim. His eating competitions attract hundreds of thousands of viewers.
Matt Stonie Education
Matt Stonie finished his formal schooling at a high school. So he moved to California and enrolled at Mission College. A competitive student, he took part in and won several events throughout his collegiate career.
Matt Stonie Family
American football player Matt Stonie was born on Christmas Day, 1992, in San Jose, California. Unfortunately, his ancestry remains a mystery on the web. Morgan Stonie, Stonie’s younger brother, frequently helps him create the content for the challenges he posts on YouTube. His girlfriend name is Meisyear.
Matt Stonie Rise To Stardom
In 2011, Matt Stonie competed in his first Major League Eating tournament at the Stockton Deep Fried Asparagus Championship. He had previously triumphed in a New Hampshire lobster roll eating competition. It took him only nine minutes to devour a 5.5-pound birthday cake in 2013.
The same year, he competed at the Phantom Gourmet Food Festival and ate 10.5 pounds of frozen yogurt in under seven minutes. On October 26, 2013, Stonie competed in an eating contest in which he had to eat a 7.5-pound Kookamonga Burger in four minutes and 43 seconds.
Many of 2014’s eating events included him. During one competition, he ate 43 slug burgers in 10 minutes to win the world title at the World Slugburger Eating Championship. The American competitive eater ate 62 hot dogs on July 4, 2015, to win Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest and dethrone the previous champion, Joey Chestnut.
In the same year, Stonie attended a competition in San Jose where he ate 25 Big Macs in 22 minutes. He competed in the 2016 Nathan’s Hot Dog Eating Contest on July 4 and placed second, behind winner Joey Chestnut. He ate 53 hot dogs in this story, whereas Chestnut ate 70.
It’s not hard to tell that Matt Stonie is not only a well-known figure but also a formidable rival. He became famous for more than just his culinary and alcoholic prowess on the Internet. He’s gaining fame for his social media posts breaking food-related world records. He is an accomplished man who is an example to today’s youngsters.